Investing on a good bed is definitely one of the most logical thing to do when you’re furnishing your bedroom. The bed is a piece of furniture that you just can’t compromise with. And that includes the bed frame of your bedroom furniture Yogyakarta which also takes importance along with the mattress of your choosing.
Bedroom furniture Yogyakarta choose your mattress first
The most important piece of furniture in your bedroom is the bed and you won’t want to compromise its quality nor durability. So before you decide on what kind of bed frame you’re going to furnish your bedroom with, decide on your mattress first. Invest on the best mattress for your bedroom furniture Yogyakarta because it will ultimately decide your quality of rest. The mattress is not a piece you’d like to compromise on even if you’re tight on budget.
Measure up your space
The bed is the largest piece of furniture in most bedrooms. And it’s easy to go wrong with this since not everyone could afford a large, luxurious room that allows them not to worry about things like space. But if you’re a regular folk like the rest of us with small to medium-sized bedroom, then this is something that you need to pay careful attention to before you even do window-shopping for mattress.
If you’ll be the only one who’ll occupy the bed most of the time, it’s advisable to go with double-bed size rather than a queen or a king bed if you have a small bedroom. In order to have an accurate image of the size of the mattress, you can use a tape on your floor or make the most of the pillows. Having an accurate sizing of the bed is extremely important when you’re furnishing your bedroom. You should prioritize this before planning the space for bedroom accessories and such.
Wood vs metal bed frame
The material of your bed frame is one of the things that you must consider carefully. It’s important to acknowledge that there are pros and cons to each material of your bedroom furniture bed frame. Let’s take a look at the characteristics of the material first.
Metal bed frame
- Generally more affordable compared to wood. A better option for those who are extremely budget-conscious or simply would like to cut cost on furnishing less-used rooms such as the guest bedrooms.
- So much lighter and more portable than wood. Even a small wooden bed frame can be so much heavier compared to the large metal bed frame.
- Metal frames are usually more customizable
- Unfortunately, it creaks over time. This may affect your quality of sleep.
Wooden bed frame
- Wood is generally considered more durable compared to metal.
- It’s thicker and heavier; high-qualify wood coming from high-end timbers could last you decades and even a century. High-end wood material is often considered a life-time investment.
- Wood frame won’t creak in a long time with good maintenance.
More stories on home improvement: Types of Popular Woods Used in Home Furniture Yogyakarta Indonesia