Planning menu catering for your upcoming event can be one of the things that may pose as a headache. It can be tricky, planning a comprehensive and memorable catering menu. But whether you’re holding a destination wedding or a conference, one thing you that’s a must is finding a reliable Bali catering to fulfill your event’s needs
Planning a menu catering: how many guests are going to be attending?
Get a headcount as soon as possible. This is one of the most crucial information you’re going to need to have before you start approaching and sending inquiries to any caterers. Approaching any Bali caterer and discussing menu catering without any headcount is like walking into a disaster blindfolded.
So always have a headcount estimate before you send any inquiries to any caterer. If you really aren’t sure, you can always have several estimates at once. For example, you can ask for the price of 30-50 people, 50-100 people, 100-150 people respectively.
Think of the entire menu as an experience
Here’s the backbone of a frame that you can keep in mind whenever you’re planning a menu catering, whether it’s a wedding or other events.
- Main dish. Goes without saying that this is the most important thing that you should definitely consider first in creating delectable menu catering for your event.
- Appetizers. You can forgo this is you already plan an extensive selection of snacks.
- Snacks and side bars. This is something that goes increasingly popular in many events, whether it’s weddings or corporate events.
- Beverages. If you plan on having alcoholic beverages, make sure that your caterers have the necessary license, and a selection of vintages that you prefer.
Take notes of special dietary needs for your guests
Special dietary needs is just one of those considerations that you have to take and accommodate for your guests. Most catering have their own set of menu catering options like the vegetarian menu. Don’t try to accommodate everyone. That’s just not possible. Vegan, gluten-free, pescestarian, the list is endless. The rule of thumb in providing for this is to have a solid selection of vegetarian dishes. It has to be a solid selection, as in, the dishes are not added as if in an after-thought.
- How to Enjoy Indonesian Delight on Komodo Boat Charter
- Best Tattoo in Bali: Safety & Everything About Getting Inked on the Island
- Best Tattoo in Bali: Popular Designs Inspirations
- What to learn during PADI Open Water Bali course?
Menu catering Bali that are well-loved and popular
There are lots of menu catering that you can choose from. Bali in particular has its own set of unique dishes that somewhat sets it apart with other parts of Indonesia. You have a very wide range of options to choose from. But of course, there are several favorites that are well-loved by both the locals and non-locals. The favorite local dishes that you can’t go wrong with:
- Satay. Whether it’s chicken satay with peanut sauce or the well-loved sate lilit, satay is a must. Satay is one of those extremely versatile catering menu that you can customize and choose from a wide array of choices from.
- Ayam lalapan. Delectable chicken serving, it can be both grilled or fried, this dish is delightful for its simplicity. Sambal and an assorted of vegetables are a must.
- Rendang. Who doesn’t love rendang? The rich taste of the various spices used in this Minangkabau specialty dish is something that’s going to spoil your taste buds rotten. Easily one of the best dishes we’ve tasted while in Indonesia.